Pinterest Code

Handmade Custom Memorial Tattoo Art Urn by Ceramic Artist Matthew Kennedy


Description:  This piece is actually smoked in a smoker like a piece of meat for about 8-9 hours. I use a sawdust I get at a feed store. I place the keepsake in my smoker overnight with some iron oxide spray and other chemicals that turn different colors while is smokes. I even use some old banana peals sometimes and grains of miracle grow to get a green color. I particularly like how the smoke penetrates the crackle glaze at different spots through the firing process. This piece also has an exotic wood for the lid that is called "Purple Heart". The woos is actually purple. This keepsake memorial urn is about 4" wide by 3" high. You can purchase this urn on my Etsy Store.














See more of my Ceramic Tattoo Art at:  www.ceramictattooart.com
My Homeless Charity at:  http://homelessresourcesca.org
e-mail me if you would like to be on my mailing list at:  tootallspottery@gmail.com

Websites

Social Media


Comments